Vibal Foundation, in partnership with Gawad Kalinga (GK), has announced the official launch of the Booklilit! Books for Bulilit Readers under Gawad Kalinga (GK)’s Sibol and Sagip programs on 6 December 2011 at the Filipinas Heritage Library in Makati City.
Booklilit!, Vibal Foundation’s line of bilingual children’s storybooks, spin together words and vivid illustrations that bring storytelling to life, helping children address real-life questions, concerns, and values in a form with which they can easily identify with. Vibal Foundation is the non-profit, corporate social arm of Vibal Publishing House, Inc. (VPHI), the country’s leading educational publisher.
With the Foundation’s advocacy for nurturing minds through literacy as a means for nation-building, the Booklilit! series is a valuable partnership with Gawad Kalinga, which for its part has launched a mission to eradicate poverty by building empowered communities.
The 16 new titles under the Booklilit! imprint is divided into two programs under the GK Sibol, targeted for ages three to six years old, and GK Sagip which caters to children seven to 13 years old. The new storybooks are penned by award-winning authors and illustrators.
For the Sibol program, the titles are:
- Bunsoy by Genaro R. Gojo Cruz, illustrated by Leo Ang
- Saling Pusa by Genaro Gojo Cruz, illustrated by James Abalos
- Hayan na si Kidlat! by Russell Molina, illustrated by Ariel Santillan
- Ang Lola Kong Mahilig Mag-utos by Dr. Luis P. Gatmaitan, illustrated by Zeus Bascon
- Si Tak-tu by Dr. Luis P. Gatmaitan, illustrated by Arnulfo Renia Cruz
- Ang Bago Kong Kalaro by Rhandee Garlitos, illustrated by Kinomi Kasanagi Acosta
- Salamat Po by Russell Molina, illustrated by Tokwa Peñaflorida
- Si Faisal at si Farida by Rhandee Garlitos, illustrated by Tinsley Garanchon
For the Sagip program, the titles are:
- Ang Batang may Maraming-Maraming Bahay by Genaro Gojo Cruz, illustrated by Aldy Aguirre
- Anluwagi by Genaro Gojo Cruz, illustrated by Pergylene Acuña
- Umaga Na, Tala by Russell Molina, illustrated by Marcus Nada
- Halimaw by Russell Molina, illustrated by Rommel Joson
- Handog kay Isabella by Dr. Luis P. Gatmaitan, illustrated by Ferdinand Guevara
- Laki sa Hirap by Dr. Luis P. Gatmaitan, illustrated by David Quindoy
- Lauan, the Seed that Wanted to Fly by Rhandee Garlitos, illustrated by Hubert Fucio
- Olive Ridley Comes Home by Rhandee Garlitos, illustrated by Yasmin Doctor
Representing GK during the event is its founder Mr. Tony Meloto, who will acknowledge the contributions of all the sponsors and partners of the Booklilit! Project. Other highlights of the event will be a storytelling session by the authors and special numbers by the GK Children’s Choir. ###