Vee Press Ebook Conversion Services
Vee Press provides conversions into all kinds of the most popular ebook formats, including Kindle/Mobipocket and ePub. We do not use automated conversion software like Calibre to do our conversions, either. We build our ebooks from the ground up, focusing on quality and design integrity all along the way.
Each Vee Press converted ebook includes:
- Conversion into foundational HTML designed specifically for the ebook formats chosen
- Formatting paragraph indents and alignments the same way they are in the print book
- Hyperlinked key terms in the book
- Lists, outlines, poetry, and other non-standard paragraph types
- Creation and linking of an active table of contents in the text of the ebook
- Creation of a structural table of contents used in many reading systems for navigation, such as the TOC in ePub files and the waypoint navigation system on the Kindle (using right- or left-click on the 5-way controller)
- Properly sized and embedded cover image
- Optimization of images and other internal graphical elements
- Tables and charts inserted as images
- Footnotes formatted as endnotes and linked both directions
- Embedded fonts when needed. Sometimes, books with foreign languages include characters that are not supported in the default fonts in Adobe Digital Editions, the Sony Reader, the B&N nook, and other devices using the Adobe software. In these cases, Vee Press will embed one of four public domain fonts into the ePub file so that client content displays properly in those readers.
- Fully compliant ePub file that passes both ePubCheck and ePubPreflight, and is optimized for display in the most popular ebook devices and apps.
- Valid Kindle/Mobipocket book that displays properly on all Kindle devices and apps (other formats are available for an additional fee).
- Any necessary minor edits or adjustments to the final files (extensive editorial changes may require an additional charge).
In addition to these standard features, Vee Press can easily add less common features like complex tables to ebooks for additional fees.
For more information on these services, please call us at 416.8460 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.